DICAS DE SAÚDE
How to take care of your teeth
Brushing your teeth properly
- Brush your teeth at a 45-degree angle with strokes against the gum line.
- Once you get to the gum line, hold the brush against it and brush back and forth or in a
circular movement. Hold the brush flat for 10 seconds every 2 teeth.
- Brush all outer surfaces of your upper and lower teeth, following the appropriate
positioning and techniques.
- Likewise, brush all inside surfaces of your back teeth.
- As for the inside surfaces of your front teeth, tilt the brush vertically towards your mouth.
- Brush the chewing surface of your lower and upper teeth in a back-to- front motion and use
gentle up-and- down strokes.
- Finally be sure to brush the surface of your tongue.
Proper Flossing Technique
- Wind 45 cm (18 inches) of floss around middle fingers of each hand. Pinch floss between
thumbs and index fingers, leaving a one to twoinch length in between.
- Use thumbs and index fingers to direct floss between upper teeth. Do not snap floss
between your teeth as it may bruise your gum tissue.
- Contour floss around the side of the tooth.Gently guide floss between the teeth by using a
zigzag motion.Slide floss up and down against the tooth surface and under the gum line. Floss
each tooth thoroughly with a clean section of floss.
- Likewise, use index fingers to guide floss between the lower teeth.
Follow the instructions below in order to have a safe and smooth post-surgery:
- Diet: Just liquids, creamy and cold foods. Avoid hot foods for at lest 24 hours.
- Ice Packs: moisturize your skin and place ice packs on the surgery site every 20 minutes for 24 hours.
- Keep the mouth clean: brush your teeth gently. Don`t rinse your mouth vigorously for 24 hours; past this, rinse your mouth with an antiseptic solution until the day the stitches are removed.
- Avoid any kind of physical activities for 48 hours
- Avoid Sun and heat exposure for 48 hours
- In case of bleeding, place a gauze pad on the surgery site until it stops bleeding. If it persists, you may contact us.
- Contact us immediately in case of unstoppable, pulsing and unpleasant pain.
- Return to suture removal in 7 days.